- Bring all of your court papers including minute orders and probation orders.
What is the process to get either my juvenile record sealed or be granted relief and dismissal for my adult record?Please click on this link for instructions or you may contact your attorney.
- No. Only Law Enforcement Officials may arrest and book a child into the facility. If the child is on probation contact the child’s Probation Officer.
My six or ten year old child is uncontrollable and I told him/her that I am going to put him/her in Juvenile Hall. Can I bring him/her there to see what it would be like if they go there?No. It is recommended that you contact your local child’s school counselor to obtain resources or contact the Yolo County Department of Mental Health for additional resources.
- Complete a volunteer application and indicate what affiliation you are with. If you have no affiliation, you will be placed under the JH Ministry (Holy Rosary) Volunteer Group. Once you pass background check, you will be referred to a JH Ministry Coordinator.
- Unless court ordered, no. Refer to your child’s Probation Officer or Attorney.
Can I bring my son/daughter books, magazines, photos, food, or presents while they stay in the Juvenile Hall?No.
- The facility accepts money for haircuts only on behalf of the barber.
- Minors may receive standard size mail from anyone that is within the mail guidelines of the facility policy and procedure. Contact the facility to obtain more information on guidelines. All packages will be refused unless prior arrangements have been made. All mail received at the facility is subject to search and review.
- All visits are non-contact unless otherwise specified and in accordance with special circumstances.
You may call NCIC at (800) 943-2189 to set up a Prepaid Destination Account. A live operator will assist you. You will need one of the following forms of payment:
Valid credit or debit card
Valid prepaid debit card
I set up a Prepaid Destination Account for my child while he stays in the Juvenile Hall, so why haven't I heard from him?Your child must be calling others with his account and might have used up all his/her funds. Or your child might have been restricted from using the pay phone due to modified/behavioral matters.
- After JDF staff confirms that you are the parent/legal guardian, you may be connected to your child’s Probation Officer or to the on duty intake Probation Officer if one has not yet been assigned.
- Please consult with your child’s probation officer or attorney of record. JDF staff does not release any court related information.
- All medications are administered by the medical staff. Parent(s)/legal guardian(s) will be notified of any issues. Prescriptions must be delivered in its original container with the minor’s information and dosage on the original label. Medical Staff accepts the medication or a detention staff in the absence of medical staff. It must be accepted officially and not dropped off.
- Information regarding a detained minor is not provided to anyone other than authorized persons.
- Visits are held only during the weekends with the times dependent on the child’s assigned pod location.
- Please be assured that in the event of any serious incident involving your child, you will be notified by the on duty supervisor or medical staff.
- Only parents or legal guardians are authorized to visit.
- Probation Office hours are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday.