What is the Community Corrections Partnership?
The Community Corrections Partnership (CCP) acts as the governing body responsible for developing and submitting public safety realignment implementation recommendations to the Board of Supervisors. Yolo County CCP takes an active and collaborative role in reforming existing corrections practices by emphasizing the importance of evidence-based practices and cost-effective strategies. Considering the significant shift of state responsibilities to local jurisdictions, CCP Chair and Chief Probation Officer Brent Cardall stated that Yolo County can only afford to implement cost effective strategies that are known to improve public safety.
Goals and Mission of the CCP
Mission: The mission of the Yolo County Community Corrections Partnership is to protect the public by holding offenders accountable and providing opportunities that support victim and community restoration, offender rehabilitation and successful reintegration.
- Goal 1: Ensure a Safe Environment for All Residents and Visitors by Reducing and Preventing Local Crime
- Goal 2: Restore Victims and the Community
- Goal 3: Hold Offenders Accountable
- Goal 4: Build Offender Competency and Support Community Reintegration
- Goal 5: Reduce Recidivism
The executive (voting) membership is mandated to include:
• Chief Probation Officer (Chair) - Brent Cardall
• Court Executive Officer - Shawn Landry
• District Attorney - Jeff Reisig
• Public Defender - Tracie Olson
• Chief of Police - John Miller (City of Winters)
• Sheriff - Ed Prieto
• Director of the Health and Human Services Agency - Karen Larsen
Any interested parties and members of the public are welcome to attend the monthly CCP meetings held the second Monday of each month at the Atrium Training Room (Basement Level), Yolo County Administration Building, 625 Court Street, Woodland, CA 95695 from 1:30pm - 3:30pm.
If you have any questions regarding the CCP or are seeking an alternative format for the upcoming monthly meeting agenda please contact the Community Corrections Partnership Analyst at the Yolo County Administrators Office, Room #202, 625 Court Street Woodland, CA 95695, or 530-406-6610.
Criminal Justice Reforms in California
Strategic Planning Materials
CCP and Criminal Justice Data
CCP Budget Documents
CCP Minutes from 2018 Monthly Meetings
CCP Meeting Materials