Victim Services FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Victim Services FAQ

How do I get a restraining order?

There are three different types of restraining orders - family law, domestic violence and harassment.

  • Family law restraining orders must be done when there is a pending or current family law matter that has been filed in court between two parties, such as a divorce or separation.
  • Domestic violence restraining orders are done when there is a relationship between two people who married, have been dating or living together and/or have a child in common, or are related by blood. There must have been a recent threat of violence for the judge to consider signing the order.
  • Harassment orders are between two people who are not related and that there is one party's concern about their safety. The threat must have been recent.

Domestic violence and Harassment restraining order packets can be picked up free of charge at the front window of the Victim Services Program. Assistance in completing domestic violence restraining orders can be obtained through the Yolo County Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Center at 530/ 661-6336. Low income clients needing assistance with family law issues can contact the Family Protection and Legal Assistance Clinic through the U.C. Davis School of Law at 530/ 661-4477.

How do I get Victim Services money?

Victim Services has no money to give to victims. However, advocates can assist qualifying victims of violent crime with applying to the Victims of Crime Program (VOC) through the State's Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board (VCGCB) for reimbursement of costs related to a crime that has been documented by law enforcement. Please contact our Program for assistance in applying to this program.

How can I get a Victim Services advocate to assist me?

There are several ways to contact Victim Services. We are located within the Yolo County District Attorney's Office at 301 Second St. Woodland, CA 95695. Our telephone number is 530/ 666-8187. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and are closed on most of the regularly observed holidays. Walk-in clients are welcome. We will do our best to assist you with whatever questions or needs that you may have about the court process, your rights, what services we offer and referrals to appropriate service agencies in your area. If you would like an advocate to assist you with a case that has not been referred to our program, we suggest that you contact the Deputy D.A. that is prosecuting the case at 530/ 666-8180 and ask them to refer the case to our Program so we may assist you.

Can I get a copy of my police report?

Victim Services cannot release a copy of a crime report to a victim. Please contact the District Attorney's Office for assistance with this issue at 530/ 666-8180.

Online Forms