Did you know that motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among children? (CDC)
Car Seat Inspections
The Yolo County Car Seat Safety Program's goal is to reduce the number of injuries from motor vehicle crashes associated with children ages 0-12 years old, by increasing the correct use of car seats.
Yolo County Car Seat Safety Program has four certified child passenger safety technicians who can help you with installing your car seat in your car. Appointments are conducted one-on-one at Yolo County Health & Human Services. This service is free of charge for residents of Yolo County.
At the appointment, the car seat technician will:
- Show you how to properly install your car seat in your car
- Adjust the harness so that it fits your child snugly
- Discuss graduation, when your child can safely move to the next seat
- Check for recalls on your seat
- Give you the most current safety information
- Yolo County Resident
- Child age 0-12
- Low cost car seat program for Yolo County residents who quality for low income programs such as AFDC, CHDP, Medi-Cal or WIC.
- Violators Class for those who have received tickets in Yolo County for car seat misuse.
- Car Seat Recycling Program for used and unsafe car seats.
To schedule a car seat consultation appointment or for more information about any of our programs, please contact
Maria Duran at 530-406-4410 for English and Spanish.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Have a question not listed here? Send an email to Yolo.CarSeats@yolocounty.org