This committee is the liaison between the Yolo County Board of Supervisors and health systems. It establishes and maintains the area-wide health planning and activities identifying health goals and needs of Yolo County. It aims to develop and improve health services in the county.
By-Laws: The Yolo County Health Council By-Laws can be found HERE, in Title 2, Chapter 1, Article 1.
Vision: To improve overall health outcomes in Yolo County
Mission: Serve as an advisory body to the Yolo County Board of Supervisors and actively support and advocate for community health throughout Yolo County.
A printable version of the Vision, Mission, and Core Values can be found HERE.
Makeup of Membership
25 Voting members made up of:
- 5 members appointed, one by each Supervisor (Board Appointed)
- 3 At-Large members (Board Appointed)
- 9 Members, one from each of the following health care systems
- CommuniCare Health Centers
- Elica Health Centers
- Kaiser Permanente
- Partnership HealthPlan of California
- Sutter Davis Hospital
- UC Davis
- Winters Health Care
- Woodland Health Care
- Northern Valley Indian Health Services
- 8 Members, one from each of the following County committees
A current roster can be found HERE.
If you would be interested in applying to be an appointed member of Health Council, the application can be found HERE.
If you would like to be the representative for your health organization or advisory board in Yolo County, please contact the Health Council Secretary via email.