Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency
Infectious Disease Unit
25 N. Cottonwood Street, Woodland, CA 95695
Business Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Main Line (530) 666-8643, Confidential Fax (530) 669-1549
After Business Hours (24/7) Contact the MHOAC at (530) 321-3620
Infectious Disease Investigation
Yolo County staff investigate individual reports of highly contagious, or communicable disease and take whatever steps are necessary to control outbreaks in the community. These staff ensure that the affected person and their close personal contacts are treated as necessary, develop programs to prevent future disease outbreaks, provide public and professional education and collaborate with other organizations at the State and Local level to control the spread of disease.
Once a reportable disease is reported, an investigation is started to:
- Confirm the diagnosis and the original source of the disease
- Verify the disease
- Locate affected persons
- Provide affected persons with information about the disease
- Look for any common mode of transmission between affected persons
- Provide affected persons and the public, if necessary, with information about the disease, including: symptoms, how diagnosis is confirmed, how the disease is spread, and how to prevent it.
Sometimes Infectious Disease staff work with other agency staff to control or stop an outbreak. For example, cases involving a restaurant or day care facility will require coordination response between the Communicable Disease staff and Environmental Health.
The Infectious Disease Unit will continually update this list when issuing advisories, alerts and press releases about county, state, and national outbreaks that have potential to impact visitors and residents of Yolo County.
- Measles Outbreak Information
- California Hepatitis A Outbreak Advisory (Updated as of September 21, 2017)
A complete list of reportable disease can be found HERE.
Yolo County Infectious Disease Unit offers additional information on the following diseases:
Additional services provided by the Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency that you may also be interested in include: