Wireless Access at Yolo County Library Branches
All branches of the Yolo County Library provide wireless access to the Internet. The WiFi network is unfiltered in accordance with the Acceptable Use Policy of the Yolo County Library. These wireless networks can be accessed using PCs with various Microsoft operating systems such as XP, Vista or Windows 7.
Warning: This wireless service is not inherently secure. We cannot guarantee the privacy of your data and communications while using the wireless service. When using this service you are doing so at your own risk.
The County and the Library assume no responsibility for damages that occur when using this service.
Library staff cannot assist you with your laptop, network card, configuration or troubleshooting. The library cannot accept the liability of handling your equipment.
The Library cannot guarantee that your device will work with the library’s wireless network.
• Agree to abide by the library’s Acceptable Use Policy.
• A laptop or other mobile device with an 802.11b or 802.11g wireless network interface card.
• Be able to configure your device to use the library’s Internet connection.
• A charged battery (electrical outlets are available at many seating locations within the branches but not at all)
• Compatible headphones if you plan on listening to audio files.
• A personal firewall and current antivirus are strongly suggested. It is also suggested that Windows Update be enabled so that all operating system patches will automatically be installed.
If your laptop doesn’t automatically detect the library’s wireless connection, you will need to configure your wireless connection settings to the following:
• Network type: Infrastructure Mode
• Disable: WEP and/or WPA
• Enable DHCP or set up IP address to Auto Connect”
• Restart your laptop for changes to take effect
• Click on Start
• Click on the Network menu item
• Click on the Network and Sharing Center menu at the top of the dialog box
• Click on the Connect to a Network menu item on the left pane
• Select PUBLIC and click on the Connect button to connect to the Yolo County Library’s wireless network.
• A screen will appear indicating that PUBLIC is an unsecured network; click on Connect anyway.
• Open your browser to start searching the Internet
WARNING: This wireless service is not inherently secure. We cannot guarantee the privacy of your data and communications while using the wireless service. When using this service, you are doing so at your own risk.
The County and Libraries assume no responsibility for damages that occur when using this service.