Volunteer TutorsVolunteer Tutors meet regularly with adult learners to help learners meet their personal reading and writing goals. Learner goals may include reading to grandchildren, completing a written driver license exam, writing a resume, learning to use e-mail, passing the GED, or obtaining citizenship. Tutor/Learner pairs are encouraged to meet regularly at their local library to take advantage of library space, computers, materials and resources.
To VolunteerPotential volunteers will be asked to complete a volunteer application, meet with library staff, and attend volunteer training. Contact Yolo Reads for information or complete a volunteer application and return it to the address on the application or email to LibraryVolunteer@yolocounty.org.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Interested in building a learning relationship with another adult
- No experience necessary – training and materials will be provided
- Meet at your convenience at least once per week for about 2 hours at your local library
- Willingness to make a 6 month commitment
Other Literacy Volunteer Opportunities
Facilitator, English conversation groups
Or toll free at 866-609-7303