- Monthly Tutor Report: Volunteer Tutors are asked to complete a monthly tutor report by the 10th of each month.
- Roles & Goals: The Roles Goals form is the tool we use to talk about goals. Tutors and Learners should use this form to track any goals set or met.
- Yolo Reads Newsletter Fall 2017
- Yolo Reads Literacy Resource List: List of resources available through Yolo Reads, at the Yolo County Library, or online.
- Roles & Goals Curriculum: Lesson plans are available for the most common learner goals. Plans include activities, games, reading practice, writing exercises, and vocabulary so tutors and learners have additional guidance in working to achieve goals.
- California Library Literacy Services online training includes Creating a Safe Learning Environment, How to help Learners Improve Comprehension and Reasoning Skills, and Teaching Reading to Learners with Poor Phonological Skills.
- Tutor-Learner First Meeting: a four part video showing a typical first meeting between a new learner and tutor.
- Literacy Network offers free self-paced online tutor trainings. Register for free with the site and take the courses that interest you. Courses include: Principles of Adult Learning; Phonemic Awareness for Adult Literacy Learners; Strategies for Strengthening Adult Learners' Vocabularies; Before, During and After--A Reading Comprehension Technique; Citizenship; and more!
- Unite for Literacy provides online books that include an audio in multiple languages and ASL videos, celebration different cultures and providing support for learners.
- USA Learns is a free website to help people learn English online.
Or toll free at 866-609-7303