PLEASE READ TERMS OF SALE BEFORE BIDDING
County of Yolo
Public Internet Auction of Tax Defaulted Property
To be held online at www.bid4assets.com
Auction Bidding begins June 26, 2020 11:00 AM ET (8:00 AM PT)
Auction Bidding closes
June 29, 2020 *
*Closing times will be scheduled for groups of parcels in
15 minute intervals. Please be sure to check the exact closing time of the parcel(s) you are interested in bidding on.
A list of parcels and maps is available now.
**PROSPECTIVE BIDDERS - MUST READ**
- A single $5,000.00 deposit & $35.00 processing fee is required to bid on all property in this auction. All deposits must be received by Bid4Assets no later than Monday, June 22, 2020 (4:00 PM ET/1:00 PM PT). Bidders must register BEFORE they post their deposit in order to ensure that the deposit process completes correctly. Please finalize your deposit well in advance of the auction to insure your eligibility to bid. All deposits will be accepted via wire transfer or by mailing a certified check or money order to Bid4Assets.
- If you are the successful bidder, your $5,000.00 deposit will be applied to your purchase. If your deposit amount is in excess of the total amount of your purchase, a refund will be processed to you within 45 business days after the close of the sale.
- If you are not a successful bidder, your $5,000.00 deposit & $35.00 processing fee will be refunded to you. This refund will be processed within 10 business days after the close of the sale.
- If you are a successful bidder, but you fail to submit any balance due on your auction purchase to Bid4Assets by Thursday, July 2, 2020 (4:00 PM ET/1:00 PM PT) you will forfeit your deposit, processing fee and you will not become the owner of the subject parcel(s). Additionally, you will be barred from purchasing at any Yolo County Tax Defaulted Land Auction for a period of 5 (five) years.
- The minimum bid amount is determined by the amount necessary to redeem, statutory fees and cost of the sale.
- Parcels will be sold to the highest bidder. Successful bidders will be notified by Bid4Assets.
- There is a 10% Buyer's Premium (a $100 minimum) associated with the sale of each parcel. (The Buyer's Premium covers the costs associated with the auction.) This amount will be added to the winning bid and will be included in the total purchase price paid by the Buyer to the Seller.
- Property is offered on an “as is” basis. The sale of these properties should not, in any way, be equated to real estate sales by licensed salesmen, brokers or realtors. The Treasurer-Tax Collector does not guarantee the condition of the property, nor does he assume any responsibility for conformance to codes, permits or zoning ordinances. Any prospective bidders are responsible for researching the property in question thoroughly before bidding. The county assumes no liability for any possible liens, encumbrances or easements (recorded or un-recorded).
- On a rare occasion, an item up for auction may only consist of a portion of ownership interest. It is your responsibility to research these items prior to purchase and to be aware of exactly what property you are purchasing, or in this case, what interest you are purchasing in a particular property.
- The Treasurer-Tax Collector’s purpose is solely to collect unpaid taxes and to convey tax defaulted property to a responsible, new owner. No refunds will be made on any property purchase after the close of the sale.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL, with the exception that the Tax Collector reserves the right to rescind the sale in the event that an error is discovered that may have affected the due process rights of the former owner. By participation in the Internet Auction, the bidder agrees to cooperate in the rescission of the sale if such an event occurs within one year of the sale of the property.
The highest bidder is required to pay in full no later than Thursday, July 2, 2020 (4:00 PM ET/1:00 PM PT). Settlement will be with Bid4Assets. The only acceptable forms of payment will be:
-Certified Funds/Cashier’s Check/Bank Money Orders
A documentary transfer tax of $1.10 will be added for each $1,000 (rounded up to the nearest $1,000 increment) of the final sale price.
A $35.00 Bid4Assets settlement fee will be added to the sale price of each parcel you purchase.
It is the purchaser’s responsibility to determine if there are any liens or encumbrances against the property that might survive the sale. Examples of such encumbrances would be liens for special assessments, easements, improvement bonds, Federal Internal Revenue Service liens, or Mello-Roos Community Facilities Act taxes.
Bidder assumes all responsibility for “due diligence” in considering purchase at this auction. Please investigate before deciding to bid.
Tax deeds will be issued by the Yolo County Treasurer-Tax Collector’s office within 30 days of the close of the auction. Successful bidders must provide a completed “deed slip” to Bid4Assets within 48 hours of the close of the auction.