The Yolo County Cache Creek Area Plan is an award winning rivershed management plan originally adopted in 1996 that integrates environmental and economic goals related to the aggregate mining industry. For over 20 years, this plan has been implemented by Yolo County in partnership with local aggregate resources producers, regulatory agencies, landowners, and other stakeholders.
The CCAP includes the Off-Channel Mining Plan (OCMP) which is an aggregate resources management plan and the Cache Creek Resources Management Plan (CCRMP) which is a creek restoration plan, and is implemented by several regulatory ordinances. The CCAP is based on the concept of adaptive management, and relies on ongoing detailed monitoring, analysis, and reevaluation. A comprehensive ten-year review is mandatory. The CCAP Update constitutes the second mandatory ten-year program review.
Based on the results of the 2017 Technical Studies (see below) and over 20-years of monitoring, analysis, and re-evaluation, the County is proposing package of updates, clarifications, and corrections to the program.
Important Webpages & Documents:
- Environmental Impact Report: Responses to Comments & Draft EIR
- 2018 CCAP Update Revisions
- 2017 Technical Studies and 20-Year Retrospective for the Cache Creek Area Plan
- 2017 Revision to the Lower Cache Creek Off-Channel Pits Mercury Monitoring Protocols
- Notice of Preparation and Notice of Scoping Meeting for Draft EIR for 2017 CCAP Update
- CEQA Initial Study for the 2017 CCAP Update
Remaining Project Schedule:
- May 10, 2019 - Release Draft Environmental Impact Report & 45-Day Public Comment Period Opens
- June 13, 2019 - Meeting to Receive Public Comment on Draft EIR - Informational Handout - Minutes
- June 24, 2019 - 45-Day Public Comment Period Closes at 5:00 pm
- August 20, 2019 - Release Final Environmental Impact Report - Notice of Availability
- November 14, 2019 - Planning Commission Public Hearing - Minutes - Staff Presentation
- December 17, 2019 - Board of Supervisors Public Hearing - Agenda - Staff Presentation