Road Abandonment

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

County road right-of-ways and public easements can be abandoned only by action of the Yolo County Board of Supervisors. Before the Board acts, the Yolo County Planning Commission must consider the proposed abandonment and make a finding regarding the consistency with the Yolo County General Plan and any other pertinent plans. Generally, the Board of Supervisors must make special findings at a publicly noticed public hearing regarding the past, present, and future prospective use of the right of- way or easement, and adopt an environmental clearance for the action. For public utility easements,
approval by Special Districts and utility companies is also required prior to abandonment.

Road Abandonment Application Package (PDF)

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer