Planning Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The following services are provided by the Planning Division of the Yolo County Planning & Public Works Department

Counter Hours: 8 am to 12 pm & 1 pm to 4 pm Monday through Friday
Phones are answered 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday
Closed for lunch 12pm to 1pm

Type of Permit Activities for Which Permit is Required
Agricultural Contract Placing agricultural and open space land into a Williamson Act contract, or changing the boundaries of an existing contract.
Building Permit New construction, including additions, alterations, repairs, and changes of use of existing buildings.
Business License Generally includes businesses that sell products, provide services, and/or have employees.
Certificate of Compliance Parcels that have been created illegally.
Code Interpretation Special situations that are not specifically covered in the Zoning Ordinance.
Flood Development Permit Building, grading, filling, excavation or other construction within the 100-year floodplain.
General Plan Amendment Changes, additions, or deletions to the policies and/or land use designations in the General Plan.
General Plan Consistency Special situations that are not specifically covered in the General Plan.
Historic Landmark Permit Remodeling, moving, or demolishing a designated historic landmark.
Lot Line Adjustment Changing the boundaries of an existing parcel(s), or merging two or more existing parcels into a single parcel.
Mining/Reclamation Plan Removing dirt, sand, gravel, or other materials from a property for commercial purposes.
Parcel Map Dividing a single parcel of land into five or fewer parcels.
Road Naming Creating a private road that serves four or more homes and/or businesses, or changing the name of an existing County road.
Site Plan Review New construction including swimming pools, signs, roadside stands, parking, accessory buildings, and minor changes in land use.
Subdivision Map Dividing a single parcel of land into more than five parcels.
Use Permit Land uses which may affect public safety unless additional restrictions are required. Activities that require use permits vary from one zone designation to another. Please call the Planning & Public Works Department for use permit requirements within a specific zone.
Use Permit Modification Includes changing the conditions of approval to an existing use permit, abandoning all or a portion of a County road, or creating a new private road.
Variance Structures that differ from the requirements of the Zoning Code due to special situations.
Zone Change Changing a parcel to a different zone designation.
Zone Change Amendment Changing or adding regulations to the Zoning Code.