Restaurant and Bar Guidance
Yolo County restaurants were approved to open for dine-in service on May 27, 2020. Bars are approved to open on June 12, 2020. All restaurants and bars are required to follow the State of California Guidance as well as the Yolo County Facial Covering Health Order. Environmental Health has developed the following guidance to assist facilities in following the requirements for dine-in service.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Food Facilities. This document describes all the requirements in an easy to follow checklist format.
- Template for Dine-In Restaurant COVID-19 Prevention Plan. This is a fillable document that will assist facilities in writing your required COVID-19 prevention plan.
- COVID-19 Daily Reminder List for Food Facility Employees. Facilities are to post this reminder list in multiple locations within the facility.
Please go to the County's Roadmap to Recovery website for more information.
The food program serves in the best interest of the public by assuring that all food is safe for people to eat. The food program uses the California Retail Food Code and other state laws to enforce food safely and construction requirements in all retail food facilities.
Yolo County Environmental Health Specialists working in the food program:
- Permit and inspect over 700 retail food businesses including restaurants, markets, school cafeterias, and bakeries
- Permit and inspect 400 mobile food vendors and special event food booths.
- Review construction plans and inspect new and remodeled facilities.
- Investigate complaints regarding violations of the CRFC including unsanitary conditions.
- Investigate suspected food-borne illness cases.
Types of Food Businesses:
- Community Events and Temporary Food Facilities
- Catering Food Operations
- Cottage Food Operations
- Mobile Food Facilities
- Permanent Food Facilities
- How do I open a new food business?
- How do I transfer ownership of an existing food business?
- How do I report a possible food-borne illness case?
Food Protection Staff:
|Lewis Kimble||Supervising Environmental Health Specialist||Lewis.Kimble@yolocounty.org||(530) 666-8764|
|Dave Limburg||Environmental Health Specialist III||David.Limburg@yolocounty.org||(530) 666-8584|
| Michelle Bilodeau
||Environmental Health Specialist III||Michelle.Bilodeau@yolocounty.org
|Leslie Ossai||Environmental Health Specialist II||Leslie.Ossai@yolocounty.org||(530) 666-8596|
|Boua Ly||Environmental Health Specialist I||Boua.Ly@yolocounty.org||(530) 666-8583|