Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Seeking Applications for Community Services Action Board
(Woodland, CA) – The Yolo County Board of Supervisors is seeking applications for two openings on its Community Services Action Board.
The Community Services Action Board’s mission is to combat poverty by promoting the health, safety, stability and self-sufficiency of low-income persons residing in Yolo County. It serves as an advisory body to the Board of Supervisors with the following primary functions:
• Convening bi-monthly meetings to evaluate local progress towards combating poverty in Yolo County;
• Conducting a biannual community needs assessment to identify critical gaps in Yolo County’s social service system;
• Overseeing the provision of services using Community Services Block Grant funds by reviewing project proposals and making recommendations to the Board of Supervisors on how to expend the money;
• Monitoring the performance of Community Services Block Grant funded programs by examining outcome reports and conducting annual site visits; and
• Serving as advocates for Yolo County residents living in poverty.
The Board currently has two vacancies for representatives of a local civic organization.
The Board meets on the second Tuesday of every month from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. in rotating locations among Davis, West Sacramento and Woodland.
Those interested in serving on the Community Services Action Board may complete the online application: http://bosmembership.yolocounty.org/ or find the standard application for printing and returning to the Yolo County Board of Supervisors, 625 Court Street, Room 204, Woodland, CA 95695 at: www.yolocounty.org/home/showdocument?id=10.
For more information on the Community Services Action Board, email Emily Meza at Emily.Meza@Yolocounty.org.