Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
October Programs at the Esparto Regional Library
(Woodland, CA) –Treat the family with the following fall programs held during the month of October at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
• Through October 15: Latinx Heritage Month. Learn about the histories, cultures, and contributions of Americans whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America with our bibliography and display.
• October 4: WWI Series Part 4: Lest We Forget: The Road to Peace, 5:30 p.m. Come learn the story of, and commemorate, all those from the Esparto area who served, both at home and abroad, in the “War to End All Wars.”
• October 9: Beginning ESL Class Open House, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Come find out about the new Woodland Community College Beginning ESL class at the library. Staff will be available to assist with enrollment applications, registration, and questions. The class runs from October 23 through December 10 and meets Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. To attend the class after the Open House event, participants must be enrolled in Woodland Community College and registered in the class. A $10 registration fee is required. For more information, please contact Jessica Aggrey at (530) 668-3682 or email@example.com.
• October 9: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources and a Q & A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register, call (530) 787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month.
• October 11: Evening Family Movie, 6:00 p.m. Children and families are invited to view a family friendly (rated G or PG) movie. For movie title, call: (530) 787-3426.
• October 13: Seed Saving, 10:15 a.m. Learn how to save seeds from your vegetable garden for next year’s crop at this hands-on workshop. Presented by Erin McDermand of the University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Yolo County.
• October 15: Kate and the Beanstalk Acrobatic Musical Storytelling Show, 3:15 p.m. Fun for the entire family.
• October 25: Senior Adult Art Class with Julie, 3:30 p.m. Enjoy a hands-on class making color wheels and mixing secondary colors from primary colors with acrylic paint. This class will be held at the Senior Citizen Program at the R.I.S.E., Inc. building at 17317 Fremont St., Esparto, CA 95627.
• October 25: Children’s Art Class with Julie, 3:30 p.m. Enjoy a hands-on class featuring reductive mono-type prints. All ages are welcome.
• October 28 to November 3: Halloween Costume Contest. Join us in celebrating our 7th anniversary on Facebook by participating in this annual event. Post your own costume picture on the Yolo County Library Facebook page at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org or tag it #yolocountylibrary on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You may also visit a Yolo County Library branch wearing your costume and ask a staff member to take a picture of you. Four winners will be selected to win a prize and recognition at their local library branch. Winners will be selected by November 10. Remember to “like” the Yolo County Library on Facebook to see the final winners!
• October 30: Dia de los Muertos/Halloween Craft Program, 3:30 p.m. Decorate sugar skulls and paper crafts. For all ages.
The following ongoing programs continue in October:
• English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
• Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes, and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
NOTICES: On October 15, all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. due to staff training.
Volunteers Needed to Assist in Family Literacy. Yolo Reads Adult & Family Literacy program is connecting parents who speak limited English with one-on-one mentors. Volunteer mentors will help parents communicate in every-day situations. Training is provided and a commitment of two hours a week is suggested. Volunteers and learners will meet at the Esparto Library. For more information, please contact Nancy Pacheco at (530) 666-8019 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at (530) 787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.