Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
February Programs at the Esparto Regional Library
(Woodland, CA) – All are welcome to participate in the following special programs held during the month of February at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
• February is Black History Month! Join us in paying tribute to the generations of African Americans who have enriched America’s history and are instrumental in its future success. Check out our book display and bibliography.
• Happy Lunar New Year 2018: Year of the Dog!: Look for our display table with resources, coloring pages, and a take home craft.
• Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot & Chromebooks. These are now available for check out. Contact the Esparto Regional Library for details.
• February 8: Afternoon Movie, 3:00 p.m. Children and families are invited to view a family friendly (G or PG) or teen appropriate (PG-13) movie. Contact the library for the title.
• February 13: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources, and a Q&A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register call (530) 787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month.
• February 13: Valentine’s Day Crafts, 3:30 p.m. Share the love and have fun making Valentine’s Day cards, bookmarks, and more. All ages welcome.
• February 22: Children’s Art Class with Julie, 3:30 p.m. Join us for a relaxed art class featuring India ink on rice paper. No experience is necessary and beginners are always welcome.
• February 28: Adult Art Class with Julie, 10:30 a.m. Enjoy a hands-on class featuring drawing on glass jars. No reservations are required and all ages are welcome.
The following ongoing programs continue in February:
• English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
• Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo. Note the new time.
NOTICES: The Yolo County Library’s branches will be closed on February 19 for Presidents’ Day.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at (530) 787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with Yolo County Library Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.