625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
September Programs at the Davis Branch Library
September Programs at the Davis Branch Library
(Woodland, CA) –Say goodbye to summer and make a fresh start with programs held during the month of September at the Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library, located at 315 E. 14th Street in Davis:
- September is Literacy and Library Card Sign-Up Month. Explore new worlds by signing up for a card and checking out all we have to offer, including books, DVDs, special programs and much more!
- September 7: Block Party (Children’s Activity Room), 2:00 p.m. Enjoy hours of creation, design, and play with Lego Blocks in this drop-in program. Parents/caregivers are encouraged to stay and play alongside their children. For ages 3 and up.
- September 9, 16, 23 & 30: Korean Language and Culture Class, 6:00 p.m. This group is for adults who wish to gain basic knowledge of the Korean language and culture.
- September 14: Building Community Ferment, 11:00 a.m. Bring your family, friends, and microbes to a fermented foods workshop. Everyone will leave with their own jar of sauerkraut and a recipe.
- September 15 to October 15: Latinx Heritage Month. Learn about the histories, cultures and contributions of Americans whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America with our bibliography and display.
- September 17: Aguas Frescas Series, 7:00 p.m. Enjoy an evening of Aguas Frescas (Spanish for cool waters) while creating a maker-project. September’s project is DIY bookmarks. All materials provided.
- September 19: Teen Library Advisory Board (Small Conference Room), 4:00 p.m. Are you a book nerd? Need volunteer credit? Get involved at your library! Join us every second Thursday of the month to discuss and develop your ideas for teen programs, special projects, collection recommendations, and more. No experience necessary. For ages 13-18.
- September 21: Davis Origami Group (Children’s Activity Room), 1:00 p.m. Learn to fold paper into different shapes. First hour is for beginners; open to all ages and abilities.
- September 21: The Republic of Secret Saturdays (Teen Room), 3:00 p.m. A meetup group for teens and who want to get together on a Saturday for social activities. Each meetup will feature a different afternoon activity. For ages 13-18.
- September 22-28: Banned Books Week. Censorship leaves us in the dark. Keep the light on! Celebrate free expression by reading one of the banned or challenged books in our display.
- September 22: Year Round Kitchen Gardening (Small Conference Room), 2:00 p.m. This group explains how to grow and harvest your garden throughout the year. Sponsored by Master Gardeners.
- September 25: Financial Literacy Series: Auto Buying and Financing, 6:00 p.m. Buying a new car is difficult and stressful with choices such as new vs. used, buying vs. leasing, or zero percent financing vs. a rebate. Learn how to make the best auto shopping and financing decisions for your circumstances. Presented by Travis Credit Union.
- September 26: Tuleyome Lecture Series: The History of Local Mountain Wagon Roads, 6:00 p.m. Join local geologist, ecologist, photographer and historian Mark Hosjovsky to learn the history of the Berryessa area mountain wagon roads.
- September 26: Davis Library Book Group (Small Conference Room), 7:00 p.m. Join us as we discuss Boys in the Boat by Daniel Brown.
- September 27: Teen Anime After Hours, 5:30 p.m. Watch three episodes of anime and enjoy free pizza and popcorn, while supplies last. For ages 13-18.
- September 29: Family Movie, 2:00 p.m. All children and their families are invited to view a family friendly movie (G or PG) and enjoy popcorn at the library. For movie title call (530) 757-5596.
The following ongoing programs continue in September:
- “The Spot” Afterschool Club: Mondays, Tuesdays Thursdays, and Fridays at 3:00 p.m.; Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m. For children in grades 3-6. Must submit a signed liability waiver to participate. The Spot resumes September 3.
- English Conversation Groups: Mondays at 2:00 p.m., Tuesdays at 1:30 and 5:30 p.m., Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m., Thursdays at 1:30 p.m., and Fridays at 2:00 p.m.
- Davis Youth Literacy: Mondays at 3:45 p.m. Drop-in English writing and grammar homework help for school-aged children. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 750-9139.
- 3D Printing: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.; Thursdays 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.; Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Print three-dimensional objects on the Library’s printer. Three-hour slots are by appointment only but may be booked back-to-back for larger files.
- Computer Help: Mondays at 5:00 p.m.
- Homework Help Center: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the Children’s Activity Room. Free one-on-one homework help in English, social studies, math and sciences for elementary, middle, and high school courses. For ages 5-18.
- Mother Goose on the Loose: Tuesdays at 10:15 and 11:00 a.m. For children ages 2-3.
- One Stop Career Center: Tuesday through Friday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Library Book Club: Third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Small Conference Room. Books are distributed at the meeting. Formerly held at South Davis Montgomery.
- Hug-a-Bye Baby: Wednesdays at 10:15 a.m. in the Blanchard Room. For children ages 0-2.
- Active Older Adult Wisdom Circle: Second Thursday of the month at 10:15 a.m.
- Spanish Conversation Group: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Children’s Activity Room.
- Davis Library Book Group: Fourth Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Hora de Cuentos/Bilingual Story Time: Fridays at 10:30 a.m. For all ages. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
- Tales for Tails: Fridays at 3:00 p.m. For children ages 4-12.
- Family Fun Time: Saturdays at 11:15 a.m.
- Discover India: Fourth Saturday of the month at 4:00 p.m.
- Yolo County Master Gardeners: Third Sunday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
- 故 事 时 间 Chinese Story Time: Sundays at 3:00 p.m. For children ages 0-5.
The following programs will be held during the month of September at the South Davis Montgomery Library, located at 1441 Danbury Street in Davis:
- September 7: Wake Up Robot!, 11:00 a.m. Wake up and get moving with Musical Robot! This interactive mix of drums, vocals, and ukulele will have you singing and dancing!
- September 14: Block Party, 11:00 a.m. Join us for hours of creation, design, and play with Lego Blocks! Parents/caregivers are encouraged to stay and play alongside their children. For ages 3 and up.
- September 24: Craft-er-Nite, 7:00 p.m. Take inspiration from Pinterest and YouTube in this hands-on program for adults. September’s project is miniature piñatas.
- Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Story Time: Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. For all ages. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
NOTICE: All Yolo County Library branches will be closed September 2 in observance of Labor Day.
All programs are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. Programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Davis Public Library. For more information about events in Davis at Yolo County Library branches, contact library staff at (530) 757-5593 or visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library or South Davis Montgomery Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.