625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
July Programs at the West Sacramento Branch Library
July Programs at the West Sacramento Branch Library
(Woodland, CA) –The heat’s on with the following special programs held during the month of July at Yolo County’s Arthur F. Turner Community Library, located at 1212 Merkley Avenue in West Sacramento:
- Summer Reading Program 2019: It’s Showtime at Your Library! Sign up and get a free book! Choose your summer challenge: read 10 books, read for 10 hours, or read on 10 different days. There will be activities, events, and prizes all summer long with a final Grand Prize drawing. Program runs through August 31.
- Read Off Your Fines for Adults! Adults who complete the Summer Reading Program may choose to have up to $10.00 in late fees waived from their library account as their prize. Program runs through August 31.
- July 3: Teen Club, 4:30 p.m. Teens are invited to join us for our monthly meeting with fun activities and future event planning for teens at the library! For ages 12-18.
- July 7: Movie Matinee for Adults, 2:00 p.m. Join us for a movie (PG-13 or R) and free popcorn! For ages 18 and over. For movie title call: (916) 375-6465.
- July 13: Puppet Making, 3:00 p.m. Join us for a fun, hands-on activity creating your very own paper bag, sock, and finger puppets.
- July 14: Family Movie, 2:00 p.m. Join us for a family-friendly movie (G or PG) and free popcorn! For movie title call: (916) 375-6465.
- July 17: What’s Happening Seniors?, 12:00 p.m. Are you looking to get together with active seniors and make new friends? Come share stories, learn from one another, and find out “What’s Happening” in West Sacramento and beyond.
- July 17: Evening Book Club, 6:00 p.m. Join us for our monthly evening book club. Books are collected and distributed at the meeting. Please contact Cindy at 916-731-5504 for more information.
- July 19: Chess Club, 3:00 p.m. Love to play chess or want to learn how? Join us for our monthly Chess Club. All ages and skill levels welcome.
- July 20: Small Claims Law, 4:00 p.m. Want to know more about small claims court? Come learn what you need to file a small claims action, how to prosecute a claim, and why (or why not) you might want to pursue a case in small claims court. This is the third of three workshops presented by the Yolo County Law Library & Legal Services of Northern California (LSNC). Refreshments will be provided.
- July 22: Tales for Tails, 4:00 p.m. Children are invited to read to a therapy dog. Animals are great reading companions because they are patient and do not judge. Parents/caregivers are asked to stay with their child. For ages 6-12.
- July 25: Aguas Frescas, 6:00 p.m. Come and drink aguas frescas (Spanish for cool waters) while expressing your creativity with an arts and crafts project. Materials provided.
- July 26: Therapeutic Tai Chi and Qigong – Part XLII, 4:00 p.m. Learn a series of movements and breathing exercises for general wellness, stress relief, physical balance, flexibility, and fall prevention. Come in comfortable clothing; floor mats will be provided. New participants welcome.
- July 31: West Sacramento Friends of the Library (WSFOL) Meeting, 6:00 p.m. This non-profit 501(c)(3) organization is dedicated to serving the West Sacramento community supporting library programs and services, and welcomes new members. Please contact the WSFOL directly at: (916) 375-6465, extension 4, email: email@example.com, or visit www.wsfol.org.
The following ongoing programs continue in July:
- Lunch at the Library: Monday - Friday from 12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m., with fun activities afterwards. Join us through August 9 for free summer meals at the library, provided by United Way. (Ages 0-18).
- Mother Goose on the Loose: Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. Ages 1-3.
- Bilingual Russian Story Time: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.Ages 0-5.
- Preschool Story Time: Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. Ages 3-5.
- Yolo County Mental Health First Responders: Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. Case Managers from Yolo County First Responders’ Mental Health Urgent Care are available at the library! Get information and assistance connecting to mental health services, and housing, food, and crisis resources.
- English Conversation Group: Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. and Fridays at 10:00 a.m.
- Hug-a-Bye Baby Story Time: Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. Ages 0-12 months.
- Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time: Saturdays at 11:00 a.m. Ages 0-5.
NOTICES: Yolo County Library branches will be closed on July 4 in observance of Independence Day. On July 15, all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. due to an all staff meeting.
Unless otherwise stated, all programs are sponsored by the West Sacramento Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and do not require registration. For more information about events at the Arthur F. Turner Community Library, contact library staff at (916) 375-6465 or visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Arthur F. Turner Community Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.