625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
April Programs at the Esparto Regional Library
(Woodland, CA) – Celebrate this time of renewal and join us for the following special programs held during the month of April at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
• April is National Poetry Month! April is National Poetry Month, marking poetry’s important place in our culture and our lives. Check out the Library’s display and bibliography.
• In-N-Out Burger’s “Cover to Cover” Reading Program, through April 13. Children (ages 4-12) are eligible to participate in this fun reading challenge and receive a free In-N-Out coupon. For additional details visit the library or call (530) 787-3426.
• Library Bingo, through April 30. Adults are invited to read, connect and discover by playing Library Bingo. Free cards will be available in English and Spanish at any Yolo County Library branch and also online through the library’s website. After completing five consecutive squares in any direction (horizontal, vertical or diagonal), return the card to the library to be entered into a drawing to receive a prize. The more cards you complete, the more chances you have to win! Cards must be turned in by May 4 to be entered into the drawing.
• April 4: Evening Family Movie, 6:00 p.m. Join us for a family friendly (rated G or PG) movie. For movie title call the library at (530) 787-3426.
• April 7 through April 13: National Library Week! Join us in celebration of the valuable role libraries, librarians and library workers play in transforming lives and communities. We'll be celebrating by highlighting our new online resources, featuring a display on the history of the public library in the United States, and playing Library Bingo all month. Stop by your library branch to see what’s new!
• April 9: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources and a Q & A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register, call (530) 787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month.
• April 11: Día de los Niños / Día de los Libros, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. This is a free, multicultural program for the whole family featuring storytelling and a special performance by the Mariachi Trio Tradicional de Sacramento. Participate in fun activities and receive a FREE book!
• April 13: Succulent Gardens, 10:30 a.m. Learn how to successfully grow succulents. This workshop includes a demonstration of creating a succulent garden in a container. Presented by the University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Yolo County.
• April 30: Spring Crafts, 3:30 p.m. Have fun making paper necklaces, coffee filter framed art, paper flowers and more! Children and families welcome.
The following ongoing programs continue in April:
• English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
• Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
NOTICE: On April 15 all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for a staff development training.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at (530) 787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see Events calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.