Public Information Officer
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Programs at the Winters Community Library in April
(Woodland, CA) –Celebrate longer days and join us at the following programs held during the month of April at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters:
• April is National Poetry Month! April is National Poetry Month, marking poetry’s important place in our culture and our lives. Check out the Library’s display and bibliography.
• In-N-Out Burger’s “Cover to Cover” Reading Program, through April 13. Children (ages 4-12) are eligible to participate in this fun reading challenge and receive a free In-N-Out coupon. For additional details visit the library or call (530) 787-3426.
• Library Bingo, through April 30. Adults are invited to read, connect and discover by playing Library Bingo. Free cards will be available in English and Spanish at any Yolo County Library branch and also online through the library’s website. After completing five consecutive squares in any direction (horizontal, vertical or diagonal), return the card to the library to be entered into a drawing to receive a prize. The more cards you complete, the more chances you have to win! Cards must be turned in by May 4 to be entered into the drawing.
• April 7 through April 13: National Library Week! Join us in celebration of the valuable role libraries, librarians and library workers play in transforming lives and communities. We'll be celebrating by highlighting our new online resources, featuring a display on the history of the public library in the United States, and playing Library Bingo all month. Stop by your library branch to see what’s new!
• April 25: Python Ron 4:00 p.m. Enjoy a hands-on learning experience with awesome reptiles. A fun program for the whole family.
• April 25: Aguas Frescas: Origami Night, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Join us for a cup (or two) of refreshing Aguas Frescas while creating your very own origami. This workshop will be led by a very special guest and local origami artist, Tyrus Moralez. Reservations are not required.
The following ongoing programs continue in April:
• Winters Casual Cribbage Club: 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Margaret Parson’s Room or the Quiet Reading Corner.
• SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Needle Arts: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 4:00 p.m.
• Libros y Chisme: 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Grupo de conversación en inglés / English Conversation Group: Jueves a las 6:00 p.m. / Thursdays at 6:00 p.m.
• Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.
• Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
• Lego Block Party: 2nd Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
• Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
• Tales for Tails: Children ages 4-12 are invited to read to a therapy dog. Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
NOTICES: The Winters Community Library will be on School Break Hours on Friday, April 19th and Monday, April 22nd for Non-Instructional Days – the library will be open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on that Friday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, the 22nd.
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at (530) 795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see Events calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.