This board reviews the County's health care services, programs, providers and facilities and insures that they adequately meet the needs of the County's maternal and adolescent health needs. It also reviews and comments on the development and adoption of the required annual County Maternal and Child Health Services Plan. It reports to the Board of Supervisors for Yolo County and local Health Officer. It proposes models, disseminates information, recommends uses of block grant funding, monitors the delivery of acceptable programs, assesses health statistics, and other services that relate to maternal and adolescent health care.
The vision of the Yolo County MCAH Advisory Board is that our community will be one in which the need of all women, children, and adolescents in Yolo County are met through access to quality health and support services and a safe, health environment in which families can reach their full potential of good health.
The mission of the Yolo County MCAH Advisory Board is to proactively work to preserve, promote and enhance health and support systems for Yolo County women, children, and their families.
- Annually review available data indicators to assess health status, health system adequacy and utilization related to the MCAH population.
- Inform and advise the Board of Supervisors (BOS) and local Health Officer on real and anticipated impacts upon health status as a result of changes in federal, state and local legislation, policy and funding.
- Provide input on the development of the 5 year strategic plan and development of priority areas for the local MCAH Program.
- Research and provide input to the BOS on any issue relating to the health of the MCAH population at the request of the BOS or based on issues of concern to the MCAH Advisory Board.
- Advocate for solutions to identify MCAH special needs and priorities through promotion of public awareness, coordination of existing services, and encouragement of new resource development.
- Provide an annual report of MCAH Advisory Board Activities to the BOS.
Make up of membership:
13 regular voting members appointed by the Board of Supervisors.
Category A: Parents of children eligible for state health services.
Category B: Representatives from health professional.
Category C: School health representative
Category D: Member of existing local groups to Maternal Child and adolescent.
Category E: Individual interested in the health of mother and children.
A list of current members can be found here.
If you would be interested in applying for the MCAH Advisory Board, the application can be found here.
Additional information related to MCAH Advisory Board meetings and/or topics can be found here.
March 11, 2015
January 14, 2015
- MCAH Data Presentation
- FIMR 5 Year Report Highlights Presentation
- Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative Presentation
- Yolo ACES Presentation
November 12, 2014
- Article: Access to Comprehensive Perinatal Services Among Pregnant Women Enrolled in Both Medi-Cal and Covered California Health Plans: Aligning and Integrating Care
September 10, 2014
- Article: Substance Abuse Treatment Linked with Prenatal Visits Improves Perinatal Outcomes: A New Standard
- Handout: Substance Abuse Treatment Linked with Prenatal Visits Improves Perinatal Outcomes: A New Standard
- Article: Early Start, A Cost-Beneficial Perinatal Substance Abuse Program
Board of Supervisors Representative
Supervisor Jim Provenza
|Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health (MCAH) Advisory Board Meeting||05/13/2015 8:45 AM - 10:15 AM|
|Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health (MCAH) Advisory Board Meeting||08/12/2015 8:45 AM - 10:15 AM|
|Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health (MCAH) Advisory Board Meeting||09/09/2015 8:45 AM - 10:15 AM|
|Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health (MCAH) Advisory Board Meeting||11/18/2015 8:45 AM - 10:15 AM|