Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) Goals
Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) is a voluntary program that seeks to improve the health of low-income pregnant women and to give their babies a healthy start in life, by providing enhanced Medi-Cal reimbursements to CPSP-certified obstetrical providers who implement CPSP protocols in their practices. This program is designed to decrease the number of low-birth weights in babies and improve the outcome of all pregnancies by integrating nutrition, psychosocial, health education assessment, interventions, and perinatal education with basic obstetrical care.
Provider participation in the program requires a formal application process and certification by the State Department of Public Health. For more information, please contact the Yolo County CPSP Coordinator.
CPSP serves women who are eligible for Medi-Cal. These women will receive services for:
- Initial assessment
- Client orientation
- Individual care plan (ICP)
- comprehensive perinatal services
- Prenatal care
- Health education
- Nutrition services
- Psychosocial support up to 60 days after delivery.
- Postpartum assessment and re-evaluation of care plan
- Referrals services
To apply to become a CPSP provider, please contact the Yolo County CPSP Coordinator.
- Potential CPSP Provider Brochure
- CPSP Steps to Take
- CPSP Provider Handbook
- CPSP Provider App
- Manual Order Form
- CDPH 4455 CPSP Initial Combined Assessment
- CDPH 4455 A CPSP Assessment Risk/Strength Summary
- CDPH 4455 CPSP Initial Combined Assessment (Annotated)
- CDPH 4455 CPSP Initial Combined Assessment (Instructions)
- CDPH 4472 A 24-Hour Perinatal Dietary Recall (Form Instructions)
CDPH 4472 B1 Prenatal Weight Gain Grid: Pre-pregnancy Underweight Range
CDPH 4472 B2 Prenatal Weight Gain Grid: Pre-pregnancy Normal Weight Range
CDPH 4472 B3 Prenatal Weight Gain Grid: Pre-pregnancy Overweight Range
CDPH 4472 B4 Prenatal Weight Gain Grid: Pre-pregnancy Obese Weight Range
CDPH 4472 C Prenatal Nutrition Assessment
- CDPH 4517 California Diabetes and Pregnancy Program Data Form (2008)
CPSP providers are able to receive fee-for-service reimbursement for the cost of delivering comprehensive perinatal services. Forms can be found on the California Department of Health Care Services page: Medi-Cal Provider forms.
Yolo County's CPSP providers must meet the MCAH Program standards.
Perinatal Services Coordinator: Anna Sutton, RN, PHN, MSN
Direct Line: 530-666-8649
CPSP Main Line 530-666-8645
137 N. Cottonwood Street, Suite 2100
Woodland, CA 95695