COMMUNITY HEALTH BRANCH UPDATES
About Community Health
The Health and Human Services Community Health Branch was previously known as the Yolo County Health Department. This branch promotes health and wellness, prevents disease and injury, and protects people and the environment.
What is Public Health
Are you interested in getting involved? The Community Health Branch has many ways you can!
- Anti-Tobacco Youth Coalition (YUFA STAR): YUFA STAR is a coalition of youth, ages 12-17, that works with the community to raise awareness about the dangers of tobacco and influences of big tobacco companies.
- Breastfeeding Coalition:
- County Nutrition Action Partnership (CNAP): Partners servicing Yolo County in regards to food programs, nutrition education, and outreach.
- Emergency Medical Care Committee (EMCC)*: Advisory Board to the Yolo County Board of Supervisors, this committee is responsible for an annual review of ambulance services, emergency medical care (including CPR and respiratory training programs), and First Aid practices. The public is welcome at this meeting.
- Healthcare Preparedness Coalition (HPC): This coalition works to maintain, refine, and enhance the capabilities of health care systems to be prepared for all-hazard events.
- Health Council:
Advisory Board to the Yolo County Board of Supervisors, this committee aims to develop and improve health services in the County. The public is welcome at this meeting.
- Healthy Yolo: Healthy Yolo is a collaborative effort that aims to address public health issues. The public is welcome at this meeting.
- MCAH Advisory Board: Advisory Board to the Yolo County Board of Supervisors, this committee reviews the County's health care services, programs, providers, and facilities and insures that they adequately meet the needs of the County's maternal and adolescent health needs. The public is welcome at this meeting.
- Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative: This mutli-disciplinary collaborative promotes maternal wellness by developing and maintaining a system of care for Yolo County mothers who are at risk for or experience perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
- Saving Lungs, Saving Lives: A coalition of UC Davis students working on tobacco prevention issues.
- Tobacco Prevention Coalition: This coalition strives to create tobacco-free environment, tobacco-free generations, and involve tobacco-free citizens for the new century.
- Yolo Emergency Medical Services Agency (YEMSA) Continuous Quality Improvement: This committee is used to better monitor pre-hsopital care provided in Yolo County.
- Yolo Emergency Medical Services Agency (YEMSA) Physicians' Advisory Committee (PAC): This committee provides advice and recommendations to the EMS Agency and EMS Medical Director on medically related topics.
Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency
Community Health Branch
137 North Cottonwood Street, Woodland, CA 95695
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, unless noted otherwise.
updated March 30, 2016