The Yolo County Cultural Competency team/committee strives to ensure that Yolo County’s commitment to cultural and linguistic competency are reflected throughout the HHSA system, and that staff training and program policies reflect this commitment and manifest racial, ethnic, cultural, and linguistic diversity. The primary goal of this group is to produce, implement and maintain a Cultural Competence Plan which includes the statements of mission, philosophy, plans, policies, procedures and key documents relating to a system-wide commitment to cultural and linguistic competence.
CULTURAL COMPETENCE COMMITTEE (CCC)
Theresa Smith, LCSW
137 N. Cottonwood Street, Suite 2500
Woodland, CA 95695
M-F 8: 00am – 5: 00pm
CULTURAL COMPETENCE PLAN
- NEW 2017 Yolo County Cultural Competence Plan Update
- NEW 2017 Yolo County Cultural Competence Plan Appendices
- 2015 Draft Criteria for Cultural Competency Plan
- Competency Plan (2011-2014) - Updated 6/1/2015 to include Plan Attachments
- Agency Self Assessment of Cultural Competence (10/04/2017)
- LGBTQ Pride Month Display (06/10/2015)
- Juneteenth Display (06/10/2015)
- MHSA Wellness Center Asian Pacific Islander Awareness Event (05/12/2015)
- MHSA Wellness Center Cinco de Mayo Event (05/05/2015)
By referral only. Service triage appointments are offered at the Woodland or West Sacramento office and the LOCUS Tool is used to determine level of care needs. Eligible consumers may be assigned to a variety of services including participation in the Adult Wellness Center, following completion of a more in depth clinical assessment to review needs and determine medical necessity.
To schedule a triage appointment, consumers may call the toll free ACCESS line at (888)965-6647 or walk into the clinic nearest to them. Consumers are asked to bring proof of residency, Medi-Cal card, and/or proof of income for sliding scale fees.