Public Notice Page
Knights Landing Boat Launch Improvement Project
The Knights Landing Boat Launch Facility, located at 9350 State Route 45 (APN: 056-160-001), is owned by the State of California Wildlife Conservation Board (WCB), but is managed and operated by Yolo County under a long-term lease agreement. The facility provides boating access to the Sacramento River via Sycamore Slough. In 2009, WCB awarded the County grant funding to prepare design plans to implement construction improvements at the Knights Landing Boat Launch Facility. The design plans were completed, however, the improvement project was not implemented under the 2009 grant funding.
In February 2017, WCB awarded Yolo County a $1.4 million grant to implement the improvement plans that were previously developed for renovation of the Knights Landing Boat Launch Facility. The proposed project includes the following renovation improvements to the existing Knights Landing Boat Launch Facility:
• Installing two fiberglass boarding floats anchored with concrete deadman (no pilings);
• Re-paving the existing parking lot, enlarging the parking lot by approximately 1,000 square feet (sf), re-striping, and re-curbing the existing parking lot;
• Landscaping parking area with sustainable vegetation;
• Constructing a permanent 350 sf vaulted restroom;
• Completing utility services for a camp host (electrical, phone, potable water, water well);
• Replacing existing iron-ranger self-pay station with a small automated pay station on a pedestal;
• Constructing a new monument sign and an educational/informational kiosk;
• Constructing a 500 sf (raised) handicap accessible fishing platform from recycled plastic lumber (re-manufactured post-consumer waste product);
• Installation of security cameras;
• Construction of a water well to serve the project site;
• Stabilizing the slough banks with cellular confinement fabric and planting vegetation to stabilize the slopes against boat wake erosion, and to increase wildlife habitat; and
• Expanding the existing launching ramp to accommodate two launching lanes.
It is anticipated that construction will commence in mid-2018 once all local, State, and Federal permits have been issued for the project.
Availability of Documents
An Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) for the proposed project has been prepared pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Sections 15070-15075. A 30-day public comment period on this IS/MND begins on September 21, 2017 and ends on October 20, 2017. Written comments regarding the IS/MND may be submitted by mail or email to the staff contact, below, during the comment period.
Jeff Anderson, Parks Planner
Yolo County General Services Department, Parks Division
120 West Main Street, Suite D
Woodland, CA 95695
Notice of Availability and Notice of Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration- click here
Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND)- click here