MIDDLE SITE GENERAL INFORMATION
Parks Staff is working with local and state health officials to identify an issue with the water system at the Cache Creek Regional Park Campground. Until further notice, Parks Staff is advising all visitors and campers to bring their own water supply (i.e., bottled water) for drinking and cooking.
If you have questions, please feel free to email us at Yolo County Parks
Curious about the weather at the campground? Click here!
Planning to do some fishing while visiting our parks? Please educate yourself on the necessary regulations here
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CACHE CREEK CAMPGROUND:
Please do not introduce new pests to our campground. Leave your firewood at home! Firewood can be purchased on the premises for $5.00 bundle. Curious as to why we need you to leave your non-local firewood at home? Check this out!
Due to the California statewide drought, the Cache Creek Campground has a central location for dishwashing and showering. The amount of water at the site will be limited therefore it's recommended campers bring plenty of water for their camping duration.
1475 State Highway 16, Rumsey, CA
The Cache Creek Middle Site is also the Yolo County Campground. The Cache Creek Middle site provides 45 individual campsites, 4 large group campsites, 2 restroom buildings, a general store, large turf areas, a playground, numerous picnic tables, a day-use parking area (parking fee required), and rural pedestrian access to Cache Creek all within the beautiful rural setting of the Cache Creek Canyon. Canyon Peaks reach higher than 2200 feet in elevation while the campground is at approximately elevation 600 leading to a beautiful setting for camping, hiking and picnicking.
Park hosts reside on site to assist campers with check-in and check-out and with visitors as needed. The campground store typically sells firewood and tokens for use of the shower facility. The campground is a very popular destination and reservations are strongly recommended to ensure a campsite is available. The Day-Use parking lot at the middle site is full most summer weekends but the Cache Creek Upper and Lower Park sites offer park visitors plenty of day use parking in the Cache Creek Canyon area (day use fee required and is strictly enforced).
All camping sites must be physically occupied by people and camping equipment to be considered occupied. Campers must be 18 years of age to camp alone, children must be accompanied by an adult. Hook-ups are not available but there is a central dump station available. Check out is 11:00am for all campsites, including group sites. Stays are allowed up to 10 consecutive days, with a 14 day break required before another camping permit will be issued.
Rural pedestrian beach access is available with NO lifeguard on duty. Most cellular phones do not work at this site and there is no public phone, internet or electrical outlets. The park can be over 100 degrees Fahrenheit during summer and well below 50 degrees Fahrenheit in the evening. By contrast temperatures can also randomly be quite cold during summer days so plan accordingly. In early spring and late fall, temperatures can drop to near or below freezing. Potable water is available on site.
CACHE CREEK CAMPGROUND FEES:
- Individual campsites 1-45 for all visitors: $30.00 per night (no refunds)
- Individual campsites 30-45 will only accommodate RVs up to 26 feet in length
- Group campsites A-D for residents: $125.00 per night (refund only available if cancellation is confirmed by Yolo County Parks with 30 day written notification prior to date of arrival)
- Group campsites A-D for non-residents: $175.00 per night (refund only available if cancellation is confirmed by Yolo County Parks with 30 day written notification prior to date of arrival)
- Dogs at campground: $3.00 per dog, and each dog must be licensed - owner must provide proof of license
- Dump Station Use: $6.00 for non-campers
- Firewood: $5.00 per bundle
- Day-Use fee $8.00
- Additional Parking fee $8.00
- Cache Creek Campground provides a general store which provides a variety of seasonal goods. Fees for the general store products are posted on-site or you may contact the Yolo County Parks office at 530-406-4880 for more information regarding fees for seasonal items.
GROUP CAMPSITES A, B, C, AND D:
Reservations are required. Please visit http://camping.yolocounty.org/ to make your reservation!
All group sites have a central turf area, a large bbq, a large fire ring, several picnic tables, and some have shade trees.
Group Campsite A has a small area for universal access camping for one recreational vehicle or two tents and is centrally located.
Group Site D is the newest of the group sites and some shade trees are not yet mature enough to provide shade but this site also has the closest access to Cache Creek.
Portable chemical toilets are nearby the Group Campsites as well as a restroom building.
The maximum number of people allowed per group campsite is 30. All age children count as a person.
The maximum number of vehicles allowed per group campsite is 10.
A 30 day cancellation is required; otherwise the full amount of the reservation is forfeited.
Check-out is 11:00am.
INDIVIDUAL CAMPSITES ONLY AVAILABLE BY ONLINE RESERVATIONS:
Reservations required. Please visit http://camping.yolocounty.org/ to make your reservation!
- Each individual campsite contains a parking area and/or area for a recreational vehicle. Depending upon the length of the recreational vehicle, it is not guaranteed that your vehicle or additional vehicle will fit within the parking area designated for your camp space. Additional Parking is available within the day-use parking lot (use fee required).
Amenities include a bbq, fire ring, picnic table, turf area and shade trees. All sites are located near portable chemical toilets and/or a restroom building.
The maximum number of people allowed per site is 8. All age children count as a person.
The maximum number of vehicles (including any recreational vehicle) allowed per site is 2.
Allowable maximum total vehicle length is listed per site when making your online reservation