On June 25, 2013, the Yolo County Board of Supervisors adopted Resolution 13-67 to formally adopt NIMS as Yolo County’s all-hazards management system. The adoption and implementation of NIMS by State, tribal and local organizations is a condition for receiving Federal preparedness assistance through grants, contracts and other activities, as stated in the Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-5). This webpage provides links to ensure that Operational Area personnel are trained according to NIMS guidance issued by the federal government, Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS) guidance issued by the State of California and the needs of the Yolo County Operational Area (OA).
An Emergency Management Training Plan was approved for Yolo County in 2013 that outlines the full emergency management training strategy. Courses below are part of the initial implementation of this strategy. Additional coursework will be released as it becomes available. Click here to read the full plan.
The following coursework is mandatory for all Disaster Service Workers in Yolo County. These courses ensure that personnel understand their role in Emergency Management and can work within a Type 5 (Low Complexity) incident.
- IS-100.b Introduction to the Incident Command System - If you previously took ICS-100 you may want to take this course as a refresher (curricula changed as of October 2013).
- IS-700.a NIMS and Introduction - If you previously took ICS-700 you may want to take this course as a refresher (curricula changed as of October 2013).
- Disaster Service Worker Orientation
Many other courses are available to expand your understanding of your role in Emergency Management. Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Personnel are required to complete the following coursework:
- IS-701.a NIMS MACS
- IS-706 NIMS Intrastate Mutual Aid, an Introduction
- IS-800.b National Response Framework and Introduction - If you previously took ICS-800 you may want to take this course as a refresher (curricula changed as of October 2013).
- ICS-300 Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents - This course is only offered in a classroom setting. Contact email@example.com to find the next opportunity to complete this course.
- ICS-400 Advanced ICS - This course is only offered in a classroom setting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find the next opportunity to complete this course.