What library apps can I use?
The Yolo County Library has a number of apps available to help you access the library wherever you are and on any mobile device.
1) LibAnywhere - download this app and access all the library services from your smart phone including: reset your PIN, library hours and locations, events, reading suggestions, ebooks and other downloadable materials. Once you download the app, you need to "find libraries near you", select Yolo County Library, and then select your local branch library (whichever one you select will bring you to the same place). You can try our mobile site without the app here.
2) Libby - download this app and access the Yolo County Library collection of eBooks from OverDrive. You only need to enter your library card information once and the app will remember you allowing you instant access to thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
3) Flipster - download this app to access eMagazines such as Kiplingers, Artists Magazine, Fine Gardening, People, Yoga Journal, Us, Car and Driver, Discover, Essences, Highlights, Family Fun, and more. You will need to login with your library card number.
How can I change the way I receive notices from the library?
There are 3 ways we can send notices: via email, telephone or by postal mail. Notices via email or postal mail include the titles of the items involved, while for privacy issues, telephone notices are very general.
- Let your local branch staff know your notice preference type when you are at the branch.
If we are unable to contact you through either email or telephone then a printed notice will be sent.
I've lost my library card- What do I do?Answer: A library card is a lot like a credit card. It allows you to use library materials and holds you liable for lost and overdue materials. If you lose your library card call or come in to any Yolo County Library branch immediately and staff will void your lost library card number and issue you a new card. There is a nominal replacement cost.
I have a new email address-how can I add that to my record?
- Go to My Account at http://web-iii.yolocounty.org/patroninfo
- Access your account online by entering your card number and PIN then you can change your email address.
- Click on the PATRON RECORD button located at the top of the screen.
- Then click on the MODIFY PERSONAL INFO button located near your name.
- A smaller MODIFY PERSONAL INFORMATION window will appear where you can enter your new email address and
- Then click on the SUBMIT button.
I've forgotten my Library PIN- what do I do?
Answer: Your PIN is encrypted information so if you have forgotten it the staff will be unable to look it up for you. To get a new PIN either:
- Call or come in to your nearest branch and ask a circulation staff member to delete the old one and then you can assign a new one.
- On the Yolo County online catalog webpage http://web-iii.yolocounty.org/patroninfo click on the Forget your PIN? button and enter your barcode number. An email will be automatically sent to the email given in your library account. This email will ask you to respond within a 3 hour time period and enter a new PIN.