This program provides the County with the opportunity to invest in our future workforce and demonstrate how college students can have the career they want in local government while serving their community. County of Yolo Internship Opportunities expose college students to careers in healthcare, mental health, finance, administration, human resources, law, agriculture, information technology, construction, and engineering along with the opportunity to be a public servant. Click to view College Intern Policy.
- Yolo County's program is a year round program, with priority given to college students that are earning their first undergraduate degree.
- Internships may be part-time or full-time, depending on the department’s needs.
- Participants are given defined projects at an assigned County department with a defined timeframe for completion.
Interested students will be asked to participate in an application process in response to any internship opportunity that has been advertised as available. This process includes:
- Completing an online application and submitting a resume.
- Applications and resumes will be accepted on a continuous basis.
- Applicants whose education and career interests/previous volunteer pursuits are the best match for the project available will have their application forwarded by Human Resources to the appropriate department contact(s).
- Internship Opportunities will be available until filled.
Department Intern Supervisors will receive resumes of any intern candidates that have been pre-screened/pre-selected by Human Resources for the posted internship opportunity. The department will extend interview invitations to those candidates who are best qualified for the project.
Learn more about our County Departments: