~ Updated January 2017 ~
- 2012: Yolo County Planning and Public Works County Service Areas received notice of a $2,896,000 grant award from the California Department of Parks & Recreation for the development and community revitalization of the proposed Madison-Esparto Regional County Service Area Parks and Recreation Zone of Benefit. The Esparto Community Park and Aquatic Center Project application was selected from an intensely competitive list of projects. The project was one of the 64 selected for funding from a pool of over 400 applicants requesting $1.3 billion. The submitted grant application package is available here for review.
- 2015: Proposition 218 special assessment passed for operations & maintenance costs
- 2016: Environmental challenges at original property identified / alternate property adjacent to the High School proposed
- January 2017: CEQA Mitigated Negative Declaration Complete
- January 2017: Letter to the State for Site Change
- February 2017: State Approval of Plan
- February – September 2017: Project Design
- October – November 2017: Construction Bidding
- November 2017: Construction Begin
- June 2019: Construction Complete
Click on the image below to view proposed revised site plan.
Madison-Esparto and Capay Valley community organizations have long been working toward obtaining parks and recreational facility benefits for the residents of the area. See below for a list of interested local organization websites.
Local Organizations Websites
|Esparto Chamber of Commerce|
|Capay Valley Vision|
|Western Yolo Grange Association|
|Capay Valley AYSO (soccer)|
|Esparto Junior Spartans Youth Football|
|Esparto Little League|