Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Fun for All at the Yolo Classic Car and Truck Show
Cars and trucks roll in for the Yolo Classic Car and Truck Show. Image Courtesy: Jessie Andrade
(Woodland, CA) – On August 25, over 700 people were entertained by the third annual “Cruisin’ into the Next Chapter” Classic Car and Truck Show and family fun day at the Yolo Branch Library. The event was sponsored by the Friends of the Yolo Branch Library and the Yolo Library, located at 37750 Sacramento Street in Yolo.
Over 140 classic cars and trucks lined the streets in the town of Yolo. Most of the entries came from Dunnigan, Zamora, Yolo, and Woodland with one traveling from Southern California and several more from the Central Valley and Bay Area. David Arriaga was awarded Best of Show for his 1963 Chevy Impala SS Convertible. First and second place awards were given in the following twelve categories:
• Stock Car 1900-1945: 1st Jim Hunter 1937 Chevy 2 Door Coupe
• Stock Car 1946-1960: 1st John Reynolds 1954 MG TF; 2nd Matt O’Hair 1957 Chevy Bel Air
• Stock Car 1961-1975: 1st David Arriaga 1963 Chevy Impala SS Convertible; 2nd Eric Hayes 1970 Chevy Camaro Z28
• Modified Car 1900-1945: 1st Jerry Ricwalski 1937 Ford Fordor; 2nd Dan Swett 1934 Ford 2 Door Sedan
• Modified Car 1946-1960: 1st Michael McGinnis 1956 Chevy Bel Air; 2nd Michael McGinnis 1948 Sedan Delivery
• Modified Car 1961-1975: 1st Sean Spangler 1965 Ford Cobra; 2nd Nacho Olivares 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo
• Stock Truck 1900-1945: 1st John Vidales 1950 Chevy Truck
• Stock Truck 1946-1975: 1st Bryan Castle 1966 Chevy C-10 Pick-up; 2nd Zane Marshall 1963 Chevy C-10 Pickup
• Modified Truck Car 1900-1945: 1st Obdulio Tapia 1934 Ford Pick-up; 2nd Merle Grant 1932 Ford Pick-up
• Modified Truck Car 1946-1975: 1st Jason Aguas 1969 Chevy C-10 Pick-up; 2nd Johnny Perez 1972 Chevy C-10 Pick-up
• Under Construction: 1st Tyler Glenn 1962 GMC Truck; 2nd Nick Acosta 1966 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
• Rat Rod: 1st Rosalio Altamirano 1933 Dodge Pick-up; 2nd Paul Biasi 1929 Ford Model A
In addition, representatives from the local Fire Protection Districts awarded the “Fire Chief’s Award” to Shawn Beaman Jr.’s 1937 Chevy Master Deluxe.
This year’s event also featured an expanded youth lowrider bike show that included a competition for youth entries. First place, second, and third place awards were given in two categories with the People’s Choice award going to Favian Cano, age 15.
• Best Original: 1st Santos Beaza, age 6; 2nd Jacob Rendon, age 12; 3rd Pedro Villanauva, age 18
• Best Custom: 1st Johnathan Ervano, age 18; 2nd Steven Rangel, age 15; 3rd Jacob Redon, age 12
The Friends of the Yolo Branch Library would like to thank the community for making this event a success. Over 100 volunteers as well as the County of Yolo, Yolo Fire Protection District, Yolo Blacksmith, Yolo Market, Cache Creek High School, and dozens more generous businesses worked with the Friends and Yolo County Library to make this event special.
Families enjoyed walking among classic cars and trucks, listening to music by Rockwell Sound & Lighting with special guest DJs, viewing antique fire trucks from local fire departments, touring the historic Yolo Blacksmith building, viewing a Yolo Blasting demonstration, and learning about oil and battery recycling from Yolo County Integrated Waste Management. Kids also enjoyed free face painting and activities at the Yolo Branch Library, including a free book.
All proceeds from this event went to the Friends of the Yolo Branch Library to fund library programs and services for the communities of Yolo, Zamora, Dunnigan and surrounding areas.
For more information about the Friends of the Yolo Branch Library visit: www.friendsofyololibrary.org or connect with the Friends on Facebook at www.facebook.com/friendsofyololibrary. For more information about Yolo County Library visit: www.yolocountylibrary.org or connect with the Library on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.