Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Library’s ‘LEST WE FORGET’ Project Shares the Story of Yolo County Residents in World War I
(Woodland, CA) – The Yolo County Library invites everyone to attend the next “LEST WE FORGET” presentation; the third in a four-part series telling the story of World War I and Yolo County. The third installment, titled “Over There”, focuses on how each Yolo County community continued to provide “over the top” support for the war effort.
The following programs are free to attend and will showcase each community’s response and aid in the Great War.
• April 5: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Winters Community Library, 708 Railroad Avenue, Winters
• April 11: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: Yolo Branch Library, 37750 Sacramento Street, Yolo
• April 25: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: Woodland Public Library, 250 First Street, Woodland
• April 28: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Clarksburg Branch Library, at 52915 Netherlands Avenue, Clarksburg
• May 5: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Arthur F. Turner Community Library, at 1212 Merkley Avenue, West Sacramento
• May 8: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Esparto Regional Library, 17065 Yolo Avenue, Esparto
• May 15: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Knights Landing Branch Library, 42351 Third Street, Knights Landing
• May 23: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library, 315 E. 14th Street, Davis
This series of presentations aims to bring to life the situation of Yolo County communities during World War I. “The true sacrifice of war now comes to the county; we see boys dying on the battlefield. We also see boys coming home wounded and suffering from ‘shell shock’”, said researcher Mel Russell. “Veterans from all our wars will recognize these particular wounds of war.”
This series is supported by the Yolo County Library, the Yolo County Archives and the Friends of the Yolo County Archives. The Yolo County Library encourages and champions the local rich history of Yolo County. For more information about this series, contact Mel Russell at: yolocountyWW1@gmail.com. For more information on the Yolo County Library, visit www.yolocountylibrary.org or connect with the library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.