Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
April Programs at the Esparto Regional Library
(Woodland, CA) – All are welcome to participate in the following special programs held during the month of April at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
• In-N-Out Burger’s Cover to Cover Library Reading Program, through April 14: Children between the ages of 4 and 12 are eligible to participate in this fun reading challenge and receive a free In-N-Out coupon. For additional details visit the library or call: (530) 787-3426.
• All Month Long: Library Bingo! Throughout the month of April adults are invited to read, connect, and discover by playing Library Bingo. Free cards will be available in English and Spanish at any Yolo County Library branch and also online through the library’s website. After completing five consecutive squares in any direction (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal), return the card to the library to be entered in a drawing to receive a prize. The more cards you complete, the more chances you have of winning! Cards must be turned in by May 6.
• April 8 through April 14: National Library Week! Join us in celebration of the contributions of our nation’s libraries and to promote library use and support for all patrons.
• April 10: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources, and a Q & A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register, call (530) 787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month.
• April 12: Afternoon Movie, 3:00 p.m. Children and families are invited to view a family friendly (rated G or PG) movie. For movie title call: (530) 787-3426.
• April 19: Día de los Niños/Día de los Libros, 6:00 p.m. This is a free, multicultural program for the whole family featuring storytelling and a special performance. Participate in fun activities and receive a FREE book!
• April 25: Adult’s Art Class with Julie, 10:00 a.m. Enjoy a relaxed art class featuring aerial perspective using watercolors.
• April 26: Children’s Art Class with Julie, 3:30 p.m. Enjoy a hands-on class featuring painting on corrugated circles.
The following ongoing programs continue in April:
• English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
• Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
NOTICE: On April 16 all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. for a staff development training.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at (530) 787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.