Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Programs at the Winters Community Library in March
(Woodland, CA) – The following special programs will be held during the month of March at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters:
• March is Women’s History Month! Join us to honor women who have shaped America’s history and its future through their tireless commitment to ending discrimination against women and girls. Check out our book display and bibliography.
• March 3 through April 14: In-N-Out Burger’s “Cover to Cover” Reading Program. Children (ages 4-12) are eligible to participate in this fun reading challenge and receive a free In-N-Out coupon. For every 5 books a child reads, he/she will receive a “Cover to Cover” Achievement Award, qualifying the participant for a free hamburger or cheeseburger at any In-N-Out Burger restaurant. Each participant may receive up to 3 certificates.
• March 2: Til Debt Do US Part, 5:00 p.m. This two-hour workshop will provide members of the community with the tools, confidence, and support they'll need to better manage their finances. This project is offered in partnership between the Yolo County Library, the Winters Hispanic Advisory Committee (HAC), and the City of Winters. The workshop will be led by Ramon Altamirano, a financial consultant and member of the HAC.
• March 8, 15, 22 & 29: Beginners English Course for Spanish Speakers, 6:00 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a facilitator. This two-hour work shop will run for 4 weeks. This project is offered in partnership between the Yolo County Library, the Winters Hispanic Advisory Committee (HAC), and the City of Winters. Courses will be led by Ramon Altamirano, member of the HAC.
• March 21: Special Story Time with the Winters Fire Department, 10:30 a.m. A firefighter from the Winters Fire Department will read stories to children and families at this free program.
The following ongoing programs continue in March:
• SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 p.m.
• Tales for Tails: Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Needle Arts: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 4:00 p.m.
• Libros y Chisme: 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.
• Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
• Aguas Frescas: Last Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
• Lego Block Party: 2nd Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
• Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
NOTICES: The Winters Community Library will be on the School Break schedule March 26 through 31 for spring recess with the following open hours (School Hours will resume April 2):
• Monday and Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Friday and Saturday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Sunday closed
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at (530) 795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.