Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
March Programs at the Esparto Regional Library
(Woodland, CA) – All are welcome to participate in the following special programs held during the month of March at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
• March is Women’s History Month! Join us to honor women who have shaped America’s history and its future through their tireless commitment to ending discrimination against women and girls. Look for our display table with bookmarks and resources.
• March 3 through April 14: In-N-Out Burger’s “Cover to Cover” Reading Program. Children (ages 4-12) are eligible to participate in this fun reading challenge and receive a free In-N-Out coupon. For every 5 books a child reads, he/she will receive a “Cover to Cover” Achievement Award, qualifying the participant for a free hamburger or cheeseburger at any In-N-Out Burger restaurant. Each participant may receive up to 3 certificates.
• March 8: Afternoon Movie, 3:00 p.m. Children and families are invited to view a family friendly (G or PG) or teen appropriate (PG-13) movie. Contact the library for the title.
• March 14: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources, and a Q&A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register call (530) 787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month.
• March 20: Science Extravaganza, 3:30 p.m. Join Don O’Brien for interactive science experiments for children and a laser light show.
• March 22: Family Movie Night, 6:00 p.m. Join us and R.I.S.E. Inc. for a family friendly movie night. Snacks and fun for all. Contact the library for the title.
• March 28: Adult Art Class with Julie, 10:30 a.m. Enjoy a relaxed art class featuring flower pot painting. No experience is necessary and beginners are always welcome.
• March 28: Virtual Reality (Teen Program), 3:30 p.m. Have a virtual reality experience at the library: destroy robots and travel the world without spending a fortune!
• March 29: Children’s Art Class with Julie, 3:30 p.m. Join us for a hands-on class featuring branch wire and bead mobiles. No reservation required and all ages are welcome.
The following ongoing programs continue in March:
• English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
• Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at (530) 787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with Yolo County Library Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.