Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Programs at the Winters Community Library in December
(Woodland, CA) – The following special programs will be held during the month of December at Yolo County’s Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters:
• December is Kindness Month. Participate this month in small acts of kindness. Join the Yolo County Library in giving this holiday season by contributing to the Yolo Food Bank. Bring in any non-perishable food item to your local Yolo County Library branch and receive $1 off an overdue fine for each item donated. There is no limit to donations or reductions of overdue fines. You may also contribute to the Pay it Forward program to help someone else with their fines. In addition, the Yolo County Library will offer a daily suggestion for a small act of kindness; one for each day of the month.
• December 13: Gingerbread House Extravaganza, 2:00 p.m. Join us for a special gingerbread house decorating event. Supplies will be provided and all ages are welcome.
• December 1, 8 & 15: Beginners English Course for Spanish Speakers, 5:00 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a facilitator. This two-hour workshop is a partnership between Yolo County Library and the Winters Hispanic Advisory Committee. All are welcome.
The following ongoing programs continue in December:
• SUCCESS: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 p.m.
• Tales for Tails: Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Needle Arts: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m.
• Family Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Literary Trails: Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.
• Hora de Cuentas/Bi-lingual Story Time: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by First 5 Yolo.
• Lego Block Party: 2nd Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
• Family Movie: Last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
NOTICES: The Yolo County Library’s branches will be closed all day on December 24 and 25 in observance of Christmas and January 1 for New Year’s Day.
The Winters Community Library will revert to the School Break schedule from December 21 to January 6 with the following hours:
• Monday and Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Friday and Saturday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Sunday closed.
Extended hours resume Monday, January 8, 2018.
Except where noted, all programs are sponsored by the Winters Friends of the Library, are free to attend and no registration is required. For more information, contact library staff at (530) 795-4955, visit the Yolo County Library at: www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Winters Community Library-specific events) or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.