Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
December Programs at the Esparto Regional Library
(Woodland, CA) – All are welcome to participate in the following special programs held during the month of December at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
• December is Kindness Month. Participate this month in small acts of kindness. Join the Yolo County Library in giving this holiday season by contributing to the Yolo Food Bank. Bring in any non-perishable food item to your local Yolo County Library branch and receive $1 off an overdue fine for each item donated. There is no limit to donations or reductions of overdue fines. You may also contribute to the Pay it Forward program to help someone else with their fines. In addition, the Yolo County Library will offer a daily suggestion for a small act of kindness; one for each day of the month.
• Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot & Chromebooks. These are now available for check out. Contact the Esparto Regional Library for details.
• December 5: Aguas Frescas, 6:00 p.m. Come and drink aguas frescas (Spanish for cool waters) while creating a maker-project. December’s project is paper mache. All ages welcome.
• December 7: Art Class with Julie, 3:30 p.m. Join us for a fun art class decorating glass ornaments. No reservation required and all ages are welcome.
• December 12: KidoKids Yoga, 3:15 p.m. Join Heather Kamala in a yoga class for children and families.
• December 13: Free Computer Class, 10:30 a.m. Basic computer class covering simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources, and a Q&A session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register call (530) 787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Wednesday of each month.
• December 14: Afternoon Movie, 3:00 p.m. Children and families are invited to view a family friendly (G or PG) or teen appropriate (PG-13) movie. Contact the library for the title.
• December 21: Children’s Art Class with Julie, 3:30 p.m. Enjoy a hands-on class featuring fish prints. No reservation required and all ages are welcome.
The following ongoing programs continue in December:
• English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
• Hora de Cuentos / Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo. Note the new time.
NOTICES: The Yolo County Library’s branches will be closed all day on December 24 and 25 in observance of Christmas and January 1 for New Year’s Day.
All Programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at (530) 787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with Yolo County Library Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.