Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Board of Supervisors Seeking Applications for Community Services Action Board
(Woodland, CA) – The Yolo County Board of Supervisors is seeking applications for an opening on its Community Services Action Board.
The mission of the Community Services Action Board is to combat poverty by promoting the health, safety, stability and self-sufficiency of low-income persons residing in Yolo County. The board serves as an advisory body to the Board of Supervisors, and its primary functions include:
• Convening bi-monthly meetings to evaluate local progress towards combating poverty in Yolo County;
• Conducting a biannual community needs assessment to identify critical gaps in Yolo County’s social service system;
• Overseeing the provision of services using Community Services Block Grant funds by reviewing project proposals and making recommendations to the Board of Supervisors on how to expend the money;
• Monitoring the performance of Community Services Block Grant funded programs by examining outcome reports and conducting annual site visits; and
• Serving as advocates for Yolo County residents living in poverty
The Community Services Action Board currently has one vacancy for a representative of a local civic organization.
The Community Services Action Board meets on the second Tuesday of every month from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. with meeting locations rotating between Davis, West Sacramento and Woodland.
Those interested in serving on the Community Services Action Board are encouraged to complete the online application form: http://bosmembership.yolocounty.org/ (indicate on your application that you would like to serve on the Community Services Action Board). Alternatively, the standard application can be found at: http://www.yolocounty.org/home/showdocument?id=10 for printing and returning to the Yolo County Board of Supervisors, 625 Court Street, Room 204, Woodland, CA 95695.
For more information on the Community Services Action Board, e-mail Tracey Dickinson at Tracey.Dickinson@yolocounty.org.