Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Celebrate Día de los Niños/Día de los Libros at the Yolo County Library
(Woodland, CA) – Children and their families are invited to join the Yolo County Library and celebrate Día de los Niños/Día de los Libros in April.
Many nations throughout the world, especially within the Western hemisphere, celebrate Día de los Niños in the spring to honor and celebrate children—who represent the hopes and dreams of every community. Día de los Niños emphasizes the importance of literacy for children from all backgrounds while encouraging libraries and community organizations to inspire and empower new generations of achievers. The event also connects children and their families to diverse books, languages and cultures.
All are welcome to participate in this FREE, fun and educational celebration on the following days:
• April 8: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Esparto Regional Library, 17065 Yolo Avenue
• April 15: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Yolo Branch Library, 37750 Sacramento Street
• April 18: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. South Davis Montgomery Library, 1441 Danbury Street
• April 25: 4:30 p.m.to 6:30 p.m. Knights Landing Branch Library, 42351 Third Street
• April 26: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Clarksburg Branch Library, 52915 Netherlands Avenue
• April 27: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Winters Community Library, 708 Railroad Avenue
• April 29: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library, 315 E. 14th Street
• April 29: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Arthur F. Turner Community Library, 1212 Merkley Avenue
Children who attend these events will receive a free book and can participate in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) activities, watch a special performance, and listen to a story time program. Additional vendors and organizations will also be present to celebrate with the Yolo County Library.
No reservations are required and all programs are free to attend. Programs are sponsored and supported by Yolo County’s Friends of the Library groups, donations from the community, and the Yolo County Library. For more information about the Yolo County Library, visit our website at: www.yolocountylibrary.org or connect with us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.