Mental Health First Aid - Part 2 of 2 * MUST ATTEND BOTH DAYS
- Date: 03/16/2018 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Gonzales Building | Community Conference Room
Woodland, California 95695
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm each day (must attend both days)
This interactive 8-hour course is basic in design to help inform the general public about mental health concerns and offer ways to support others in our community, while helping to reduce stigma surrounding mental illness. This course is open free of charge to to anyone age eighteen (18) or older who lives, works, volunteers, or attends school within Yolo County.
What you will learn:
- Become familiar with the potential warning signs and risk factors for depression, anxiety, trauma, psychotic disorders, eating disorders and substance use disorders
- Review prevalence of mental illness in the US and its emotional and economic toll
- Practice a 5-step action plan to help an individual in crisis connect to professional care and other support strategies
- Identify resources in our community available to help someone with a mental health concern
To register, please send an email to MHSA-MHTrainings@yolocounty.org or call MHSA Voicemail, (530) 666-8712
Want to share this meeting with others, click here for a flyer you can print.